What does the Registration Protector provide?
The registered participant will receive a refund of the registration fee, including taxes and service fees, if the registered person is unable to participate due to injury, illness, or other covered reason.
What does this protection cover?
You may receive a reimbursement of the registration fee you paid if you are unable to participate in the event for any one of the following reasons:
- Injury or illness – You or a family member suffers from an injury or an unforeseen illness, provided the participant sees a physician who certifies the participant is unable to participate.
- Pregnancy or childbirth - You or a family member are prevented from attending the due to normal pregnancy or childbirth including unforeseen complications of pregnancy.
- Military Duty - You are on Active Military Duty and receive unanticipated reassignment or deployment orders or have personal leave revoked, except for disciplinary reasons.
- Auto Accident/Mechanical Breakdown - Your automobile has a mechanical breakdown within 24 hours of the event which results in the vehicle being inoperable or you are directly involved in a traffic accident on the day of the event that causes either: an injury to you or damage to the automobile that creates an immediate need for repair to ensure the safe operation of the vehicle.
- Travel Delay - You are not able to arrive in time to participate in the event due to a delay by the common carrier you used for transportation.
- Job Loss - You, after having been with the same employer for at least 12 continuous months, are terminated or laid off, through no fault of your own, after you register in the event.
- Job Relocation - You or your spouse are relocated by your current employer to a location that is at least 100 miles from your primary residence.
- And others…